In an effort to keep bringing you useful and engaging content, we’re always looking at which stories have resonated, and this year’s top 10 is an interesting list indeed. From artist Joan Blond’s vibrant works to painted brick houses and our round-up of the best IKEA furniture hacks, these are our most-clicked on stories for 2020.
1. Joan Blond: With her singular colourful style, it’s no wonder that so many of you were interested in the fabulous work and story of Joan Blond. What a talent! The fabulous shoot styling by Harlow + Willow was a great complement to her work too.
2. Kmart is always popular with readers and its July furniture launch was one of our most clicked on posts. The brand’s $59 on-trend rattan sideboard was no doubt a massive drawcard.
3. Jones & Co ceramics: A stalwart in the Aussie ceramics scene, this joyful collection dropped in February this year and many of you took notice. It seems the brand’s mission “to make the most interesting ceramics on the planet” is paying off.
4. Freedom: With holiday travel off the cards, September saw many of you looking to create fabulous alfresco spaces and this story on the latest outdoor collection from Freedom was a big hit with readers.
5. Painted brick houses: When Jen painted her red brick house a lovely shade of grey there was so much interest from readers that we decided to do a separate story on the subject. Clearly many of you were captivated by what is a much more affordable alternative to render and this post, featuring three readers’ homes, was hugely popular as a result.
6. Leigh Campbell’s bathroom renovations: With her solid social media following, it was no surprise that a peek inside beauty influencer Leigh Campbell’s renovated bathrooms proved popular this year. Originally tired and dated, the new spaces are chic and serene and feature lots of clever storage ideas and an abundance of enviable beauty products.
7. Stylish hand wash pumps: In retrospect, this post was something of a foreshadowing because if there’s something that all of us will remember this year for, it’s the hand washing right?! A key bathroom accessory, this story featured plenty of pretty and practical hand wash pump options.
8. Australian kitchen dimensions: With pandemic induced renovating showing no signs of abating, this nitty gritty post about standard Australian kitchen dimensions was highly sought-after. Sydney interior designer and colour consultant Martina Hayes talked us through everything from the ideal bench top height to how much space to have between your kitchen cupboards and the island bench – all super handy details for a renovation or new build.
9. IKEA furniture hacks: Upcycling standard IKEA items has become something of a worldwide sport. From doors, drawer fronts and sofa slip covers, to decorative panels, legs and handles, we did the time-consuming legwork and rounded them all up for you.
10. Australian bathroom trends February 2020: From a statement green bath to gorgeous brass taps, February saw lots of fabulous new bathroom wares hit the Aussie market and it seems that you guys were as excited as us about it.