Here’s a great spring recipe from Australian Papaya: simple, healthy and fresh!
Serves 4 | Prep Time: 5 minutes | Cook Time: 8 minutes
- 1 fresh corn cob
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup fresh coriander leaves
- 6 lettuce leaves
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1 cup shredded cooked chicken
- 1 small avocado, halved
- 1/2 ripe papaya, peeled and cut in wedges
- 1 spring onion, thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp toasted sunflower seeds
- For the dressing
- 1/4 tsp sweet paprika
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- pinch tsp chilli powder
- pinch tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- In a small jar whisk together dressing ingredients.
- Bring a pot of water to the boil, add corn and cook for 3 minutes.
- Drain corn and brush with a small amount of the dressing. Place in a pre-heated skillet over medium-high heat and cook for 5 minutes, turning a few times until the kernels are slightly charred. Cut into four rounds.
- Divide ingredients into two bowls. Sprinkle with spring onion and sunflower seeds, and drizzle with dressing.
- Serve immediately.
TIP: You can substitute frozen corn kernels for fresh and simply sauté them with a tsp of dressing before adding to the bowl.
HEALTH INFO per serve: 2250kJ; Protein 33g; Total Fat 26g; Saturated Fat 5g; Carbohydrate 36g; Sugars 11g; Fibre 12g; Sodium 155mg.
Good source of protein. Excellent source of fibre. Low sodium.