Penne Alla Vodka has been a trending dish this Winter and with this version, even those with food intolerances won’t be left out! It uses the new dairy-free FLORA Thickened Plant Cream which is a 1:1 substitute that pours, whips and cooks just as well as its dairy counterparts.
Penne alla vodka
- 3 cups dry penne pasta cooked and drained
- 1 tbsp vegan spread
- Half cup chopped brown or white onion
- Half tsp finely chopped garlic
- Half cup tomato paste
- 1 pinch chilli flakes
- Quarter cup vodka
- 470 ml Flora Thickened Plant Cream
- Quarter cup water
- Quarter cup vegan parmesan cheese grated
- Half tsp kosher salt
- Quarter cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves
- Melt the vegan spread in a pan over a moderate heat.
- Add onions and garlic. Cover and cook until the onions are translucent; about 5 minutes.
- Add the tomato paste and chilli flakes
- Cook until the tomato paste starts to lightly brown.
- Add the vodka and stir well, scraping any bits of browned tomato paste from the bottom of the pan.
- Cook the mixture over a high heat until the liquid is reduced by about half to concentrate the flvours.
- Add the Flora Thickened Plant Cream and water and stir to incorporate the tomato paste evenly. Bring to a simmer.
- Toss in cooked pasta. Add vegan parmesan, salt and fresh basil. Serve immediately.