Who can say no to this decadent treat? With thanks to Appliances Online’s Nadia Fonoff for this week’s yummy recipe.
Classic chocolate brownies
- 250 g unsalted butter chopped
- 250 g dark chocolate chopped
- 6 eggs
- 2.5 cups caster sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1.5 cups plain flour
- 1/2 cup Dutch cocoa powder
- Preheat the oven to 150C (conventional – top and bottom heat). Line a lamington pan (we use a 38cm x 26cm) rectangular cake tin with baking paper.
- Melt butter and chocolate in a medium size pot on induction, power level 3 stirring occasionally. Mix to incorporate.
- In the meantime, in a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment and a medium bowl, whisk eggs, sugar, vanilla and salt until pale and fluffy.
- Sift cocoa powder and flour into a separate bowl.
- With the machine still operating on slow speed, add chocolate mixture into egg mixture then incorporate the flour and cocoa powder mixture.
- Pour it into the prepared cake pan. Bake on the middle shelf for 50 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely then transfer to the fridge. It is easier to portion when the brownie is fridge cold and it will also give you a cleaner cut.
- Cut into squares.