Sponsored by Riverview Farms
This week’s delicious recipe comes from popular TV chef Hayden Quinn and Australia’s pork producer Riverview Farms. A Godsend for time-poor families, their Hot Pork Roast with Crackling is done for you and available at Coles nationwide. Simply add a few fresh ingredients to turn it into this flavour bomb of an easy dinner!
Korean style BBQ pork rice bowl
- 1 Riverview Farms Hot Pork Roast with Crackling cut into strips
- Half small brown onion peeled and quartered
- 1 large knob ginger peeled (about the size of a tablespoon)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 heaped tbsp gochujang (Korean fermented chilli paste)
- Half tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- sea salt to taste
- 4 cups cooked short grain rice
- 4 eggs fried
- 1 cup kimchi to serve
- Quarter cup shallots/spring onion to serve
- black sesame seeds to serve
- Start by making the marinade. In a food processor, combine the onion, garlic, ginger, gochujang, brown sugar, soy sauce, sesame oil and salt, to taste. Blitz until you have a smooth, bright red marinade.
- Place the pork strips in a bowl and pour the marinade over the pork. Toss well to make sure the pork is evenly coated with the marinade.
- Heat a fry pan over medium-high heat. When hot, add the marinated pork strips and cook for about 3-to-4 minutes per side or until they are warmed through and slightly caramelised .
- Assemble the bowls, with a base of cooked rice, topped with the cooked pork strips, fried eggs and a generous serving of kimchi and garnished with shallot and black sesame.