This recipe was brought to us by Tropic Co. Prawns.
Prawn Po’ Boy with Hot Sauce
- 500 grams Tropic Co. Whole Raw Tiger Prawns head and shell removed and deveined
- 1 baguette
- 2 cucumbers sliced into ribbons
- 4 celery tops leaves only
- 1 lettuce (butter or oak leaf)
- 1 bunch dill finely chopped
- ½ cup whole egg mayonnaise, mixed with a few drops of your favourite hot sauce
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 3 cloves garlic diced
- ½ tsp oregano dried
- ½ tsp thyme
- 4 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- salt & pepper to taste
- In a bowl, combine paprika, garlic, oregano, thyme, and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Add prawns, stir, and marinate in the refrigerator for 20 minutes. While the prawns are marinading, prepare your other ingredients.
- Heat fry pan or grill pan on high heat. Remove prawns from marinade, and grill for 1-2 minutes on each side, or until cooked.
- Cut baguette into 4 equal pieces. Slice across lengthways, without cutting all the way through.
- Fold open the baguette. Fill with cucumber ribbons, celery leaves, lettuce leaves, and prawns. Drizzle with spicy mayonnaise, and top with dill sprigs.