A quick and easy dessert recipe to impress guests at your next summer barbecue!
Grilled pineapple with smoked salted caramel
This recipe is by Appliances Online culinary expert, Russell Crosdale.
- 1 large pineapple skin removed and cut into rings or one large can of pineapple rings
- 1 cup caramel topping
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 wafer ice cream cones
- 3 tbsp shredded coconut
- vanilla ice cream to serve
- Preheat your BBQ to high.
- Combine the caramel topping with the salt and whisk to combine. Put in the fridge to set.
- If using fresh pineapple, remove the top, remove the skin and cut into slices of about 2.5cm. If using canned pineapple, remove from the juice and set aside.
- Grill the rings on the BBQ for 2-3 minutes each side until darkened to your liking. Remove from the heat and place in the fridge to cool down as this dish is served cold.
- Once the pineapple is cold, remove from the fridge.
- Layer the base of a plate with the crushed wafer cone.
- Place the pineapple ring on top of the wafer and top with a scoop of ice cream.
- Drizzle liberally with the caramel and salt mixture.
- Top with the shredded coconut.
This recipe was made with the Napoleon Rogue SE 525 Stainless Steel LPG BBQ.
Foodie Friday: Pineapple quinoa fried rice
This pineapple quinoa fried rice is a healthy take on a classic. Thanks to Australian Pineapples for this week’s recipe. Serves…