Today’s recipe is Satay Chicken Skewers by Kathryn Bamford from The Wholefoods Refillery. These skewers are great for an easy weeknight dinner or when entertaining. Everyone will be begging for the recipe – and will be astonished at how EASY it is! Get 20% off your first order with the code JEN20.
Satay Chicken Skewers
- 800 g chicken tenderloins
- 6 tbs The Wholefoods Refillery Satay Paste
- 2 tbs coconut oil
- 1 spring onion to serve
- 1 handful of roasted peanuts to serve
- 1 lime wedged
- bamboo skewers
- If you’re cooking on the BBQ, soak your bamboo skewers in water for an hour before you need them.
- Place the chicken tenderloins and satay paste in a large bowl or in an airtight container. Toss to combine, ensure all sides of chicken are coated. Cover and leave to marinate in the fridge for a minimum of an hour (overnight if you have the time, so the flavours really soak in).
- Preheat a char-grill pan or bbq on medium heat.
- Thread the chicken on the skewers, brush with coconut oil and cook in batches, occasionally turning for 6-8 minutes or until cooked through.
- Serve with spring onions, lime wedges, and crushed peanuts.
- Get adventurous, swap out chicken for beef or pork to mix it up!