Today’s recipe, a lighter take on a classic cookie favourite, comes from Lakanto Australia. This shortbread is a buttery, light, and simply delicious snack for any coffee or high tea occasion. Lakanto Classic and Golden Monkfruit Sweeteners offer an all-natural substitute to sugar with 93% less calories.
Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cooking Time: 12-16 minutes | Serves: 20 fingers
- 1 ½ cups unsalted butter (diced into 2cm cubes)
- 1 cup golden monkfruit sweetener
- 3 cups plain flour
- 1 tsp cornflour
- ½ tsp vanilla essence
- Sugar free chocolate
- Mix the diced butter and monkfruit sweetener in a mixer using the paddle attachment and whip until soft and smooth (approx. 5 minutes).
- Add the cornflour and plain flour, and slowly mix on speed 1-3 until fully incorporated.
- Add in the vanilla essence and whip for 3 minutes on high (this will ensure a smooth and soft dough is created).
- Remove from the bowl and place mixture onto a surface dusted with flour. Leave to rest for 10 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 150⁰C.
- Gently fold the mixture on the bench. It should have a silky feel. Roll out to the desired size and height.
- Cut the dough to the desired shape and gently place on the baking tray. Allow to rest for 10 minutes in the fridge (this will help it keep its shape while baking).
- Place the tray in the preheated oven for 12-16 minutes, depending on the thickness of the shortbread.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Melt the chocolate over a bowl of hot water until fully melted, then dip the shortbread into the chocolate and place on greaseproof paper until firm.
TIP: For a dryer shortbread, extend the cooking time by 3-4 minutes.