This recipe was developed by Minako Umehara @365cleaneats for Naked Foods.
This cake is kind of like the lovechild of a jaffa and a hazelnut – except creamy and fudgy, with a subtle hint of orange that doesn’t overpower. The crust was the perfect match – nutty, subtly sweet and crunchy.
Prep time: 10 minutes | Cooking time: 20 minutes | Freezing Time: Overnight | Serves: 4
Vegan, gluten and dairy free.
- 45g rolled oats
- 30g raw hazelnut
- 3 Tbsp. coconut sugar
- 1/8 tsp pink salt
- 2 Tbsp. melted coconut oil
- 100g raw cashews (soaked 4-6 hours and rinsed)
- 60ml coconut cream
- 60ml fresh orange juice
- 3 Tbsp. melted raw cacao butter
- 3-4 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp. raw cacao powder
- 1.5 tsp orange zest
- Pinch of pink salt
- Preheat oven to 170⁰C (340⁰F). Place all dry crust ingredients in a food processor. Process well until it reaches the consistency of flour.
- Add melted coconut oil to the food processor and process until it becomes like wet sand.
- Press the mixture against the sides and the bottom of the tart tin. Bake it for about 17-20 min or until golden brown. Let it cool.
- While cooling the crust, place all chocolate filling ingredients in a high-speed blender and blend well. Add more sweetener if you need. Layer it over the crust, and freeze it over night.
- Take out from the tart tin and garnish. Store in the fridge.
We used a 10cm × 25cm × 2.5cm (550ml) tart tin with a removable base to make this one, however you can use any tin with a removable base you have at home that is around this size.
Naked Foods is Australia’s destination for sustainable, organic, bulk wholefoods with a focus on sustainability, health, wellbeing and zero waste shopping. Shop online or in-store the first Monday of every month to receive 20% off storewide.