Prep time: 20 minutes | Chilling time: 4 hours | Serves: 6-8
Gluten Free, Dairy Free and Vegan
Brownie Chocolate Base
- 2 cups pecans
- ¼ cup nut butter (I used peanut butter)
- 12 Medjool dates, pitted
- Pinch of salt
- ½ cup cacao powder
Raspberry Chia Jam
- ⅔ cups frozen raspberries, defrosted
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- Dash of maple syrup
Chocolate Mousse Filling
- 2 cups silken tofu
- 1 cup chopped dairy-free chocolate
- ½ cup canned coconut cream (see notes)
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ½ – ¾ cup cacao powder (depending on how strong you want it to taste)
- Dash of vanilla bean powder
- 2 cups of berries
- Handful of chopped pistachios
- Whatever else you like!
- For the tart case, add the pecans to a food processor and process until it forms coarse crumbs.
- Add the remaining base ingredients and process until it comes together and can be pinched. Press mixture into a lined tart tin.
- For the raspberry chia jam, add all ingredients to a small bowl and mash with the back of a fork until raspberries have broken down. Mix until combined then set aside.
- For the filling, gently melt the chocolate in a small saucepan or a double boiler.
- Add all filling ingredients to a food processor and process until as smooth as possible.
- Spread the chia jam along the bottom and sides of the tart case.
- Pour the chocolate mousse over jam and smooth the top.
- Decorate tart with berries and whatever else you might like.
- Set aside the tart in the fridge for 4 hours or until set.
We used a 20cm wide × 4cm high tart tin with removable base to make this one. If you don’t have one that deep, use a slightly bigger tart tin with a removable base.
Naked Foods is Australia’s destination for sustainable, organic, bulk wholefoods with a focus on sustainability, health, wellbeing and zero waste shopping. Shop online or in-store the first Monday of every month to receive 20% off storewide. That’s this coming Monday ? #thankuslater