Teriyaki miso chicken fried rice
- 6 chicken thighs skinless, boneless
- 200g packet Birch & Waite Teriyaki Miso Stir Fry Sauce
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 spring onions white part sliced in rounds, green part sliced on an angle, separated
- 2 carrots peeled, diced
- 1 bunch broccolini sliced
- 3 cups cooked long grain rice chilled
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 large handful beansprouts
- 4 free range eggs
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- Toss the chicken thigh with half the Birch & Waite Teriyaki Miso Stir Fry Sauce then place into a baking dish. Leave this to marinate for 20 minutes or longer in the fridge.
- Preheat an oven to 220C and roast the chicken for 15-20 minutes, until nicely caramelised and cooked through. You can use the top grill function in the oven for the last 3-4 minutes of cooking if needed to get it nice and golden.
- Meanwhile, place a large frying pan or wok over a high heat and add the oil and white part of shallot, carrot and broccolini. Stir fry for 2 minutes then add the rice and stir fry that for 2 more minutes before adding the peas and remaining Birch & Waite Teriyaki Miso Stir Fry Sauce.Stir fry for 1 minute then add the bean sprouts and ¾ of remaining green shallots.
- Place another non-stick pan over a high heat. Add the remaining olive oil and fry the eggs to your liking.
- Slice the cooked chicken thighs. Spoon the fried rice into serving dishes and top with the chickenandfried egg, spooning any cooking juices from the chicken over the top.
- Finish with remaining shallots and sesame seeds.