Today’s recipe was brought to us by The Chilli Factory and was created by food and recipe blogger @thedailyfoodfeed.
Spicy sesame soba noodle stir-fry
Easy, refreshing and flavour packed, while this recipe is vegetarian it works well with any choice of protein.
- 100 g firm tofu cut in triangles
- 1 tbsp The Chilli Factory Outback Storm Hot Chilli Tomato & Basil Relish
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 15 g Lupin crumbs
- 1 tbsp mixed sesame seeds white and black
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 tbsp hulled tahini
- 1/2 tbsp peanut butter
- 60 g soba noodles
- 1 cucumber thinly sliced
- 100 g broccoli florets
- 1 flat mushroom sliced
- 30 g edamame beans
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 shallot thinly sliced
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°. Line a baking tray.
- Spread Dijon mustard over the whole tofu. Sprinkle the lupin crumb and mixed sesame seeds seasoning over to fully coat the tofu. Ensure that everything is covered and bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Whisk together the soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, tahini, peanut butter and The Chilli Factory Hot Chilli Tomato & Basil Relish until smooth.
- Cook the soba noodles for 3-4 minutes in boiling water. Drain and rinse under cold water.
- In a bowl, season the cucumber with table salt. Toss and let them sit for 5-10 minutes. Squeeze out the excess water, and dress with 1 tsp rice wine vinegar. Set aside.
- In a non-stick pan, heat the sesame oil. Add the broccoli, mushrooms and edamame. Cook until they start to soften. Add half of the chilli sesame peanut sauce to the pan and stir fry until fully coated and it starts to thicken. Remove from the heat.
- Add the noodles to the hot pan (heat off!) add the remaining sauce and stir until thick, glossy and fully coated.
- Transfer everything to your bowl, top with the baked tofu, pickled cucumber and shallots.