This comforting recipe was brought to us by Stacey Clare who has launched a 4-week slow cooker meal plan course just in time for the cooler months.
Slow cooked blueberry porridge
- Slow cooker
- 2 cups groats (whole oat grains)
- 3 cups water
- 3 1/2 cups milk of your choice
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar or kombucha
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tbsp vanilla paste or essences
- Knob of butter
- Pinch salt
- 100 g frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut toasted
- Maple syrup
- Pop everything in the slow cooker but the serving ingredients. Give it a good stir and cook on low for eight hours.
- In the morning go ahead and toast your coconut. While you’re doing that, stir your porridge and have a taste. It might need a touch more milk.
- Serve your porridge with all the yummy sides.
Stacey is running a 4-Week Slow Cooker Course which closes tonight (Friday 21 May 2021) . It’s got easy to follow meal plans, recipes and even a shopping list to get you organised. There’s a range of dinners, brekkies and even lunchbox goods. For more.