This savoury pumpkin bread recipe is brought to us by 28 by Sam Wood.
Savoury pumpkin bread
- 1 cup Pumpkin
- 2 cups Almond meal
- ½ cup LSA (linseed, sunflower, almond meal)
- 2 tbsp Psyllium
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon ground
- 4 Free range eggs
- ¼ cup Coconut oil (extra virgin) melted
- 1 tbsp Rice malt syrup
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Remove skin and slice pumpkin into small pieces. Steam until soft, mash, and set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine almond meal, LSA, psyllium, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs and add to the flour mix.
- Add the oil, rice malt syrup, and mashed pumpkin, and combine thoroughly.
- Pour into a greased loaf tin and bake for 30-40 minutes, until cooked and a skewer inserted comes out clean.