Today’s delicious recipe was created by dietician Marika Day for Australian Sweet Potatoes
Sweet Potato and Cinnamon Bread
- 1 cup sweet potato pre-cooked, mashed and cooled
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup pecans roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 2 cups self-raising flour
Cinnamon Sugar Topping
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 180°C and grease and line a loaf tin (I’ve used a 21cm x 11cm loaf tin).
- In a large mixing bowl combine all ingredients except flour and topping ingredients. Mix until well combined.
- Sift flour into mixing bowl and gently fold flour into mixture until just combined.
- Pour into loaf tin.
- Combine caster sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle on top of loaf.
- Place into preheated oven and cook for 55-60 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Allow to cool before slicing.