This recipe is by Masterchef winner Sashi Cheliah in partnership with Cobram Estate.
Sashi Cheliah’s chickpea curry in a hurry
Try this quick and foolproof Indian chickpea curry recipe this week.
- 2 tbsp Cobram Estate Garlic & Ginger Infused Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp black mustard seeds
- 1 sprig curry leaves
- 100 g chopped onion
- 200 g chopped canned tomatoes
- 2 tbsp coriander powder
- 1 tbsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- ½ cup water
- 400 g can of cooked chickpeas
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cracked black pepper
- 50 g natural yogurt
- coriander leaves
- Add the Cobram Estate Garlic & Ginger Infused Extra Virgin Olive Oil to a large pot. Once the pot has heated, add the cumin powder, mustard seed and curry leaves.
- Once the mustard seeds start to pop, add the onion and tomato and sauté for 3-4 mins until the onion slightly browns.
- Add the coriander powder, chilli powder, cumin powder and turmeric powder and cook for 5 mins.
- Add water and bring the curry to a boil. Once boiling, add the chickpeas, salt and pepper and cook for 2-3 minutes until the curry slightly thickens.
- Serve with a side of rice or naan bread and garnish with natural yoghurt, fresh coriander leaves and a drizzle of Cobram Estate Garlic & Ginger Infused Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
Foodie Friday: Red onion coconut curry with slow-cooked chicken
Nothing beats the convenience of a one-pot meal. Lisa Holmen’s recipe for Australian Onions is worth the wait. But don’t…