Thanks to Tropic Co., who provided us with this tasty recipe.
Salt & Togarashi Pepper Prawns
- 250 ml shaoxing wine
- 1 tablespoon finely grated ginger
- 1 kg raw Australian tiger prawns peeled, tails intact
- Vegetable oil for deep frying
- 150 g cornflour
- 2 tablespoons sea salt flakes plus extra to serve
- 2 tablespoons shichimi togarashi plus extra to serve
- Combine shaoxing wine and ginger in a bowl. Add prawns and stand to marinate for 30 minutes. Drain prawns and pat dry with absorbent paper.
- Preheat oil in a wok to 190ºC. Place cornflour, sea salt and togarashi in a bowl and toss to combine.
- Dust prawns with salt and pepper mixture. Shake off excess and deep-fry in batches, stirring occasionally, until light golden and crisp. Around 2-3 minutes.
- Drain on absorbent paper and serve with extra salt and pepper mix.