This hearty and flavourful dish by Chef Guy Turland for Tassal Salmon combines succulent salmon with seasonal vegetables and orzo pasta, all cooked to perfection on a single tray.
Guy Turland’s one tray veggies salmon orzo
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes
- Half cup pumpkin diced fine
- Half cup corn
- 1 red chilli thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Half tsp thyme leaves picked
- 1 cup orzo uncooked
- 1.5 cups chicken stock or water
- 1 cup peas
- 300 g Tassal Fresh Tassie Salmon skin on
- 2 lemons (rind of)
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
- In a baking tray, toss together the garlic clove, cherry tomatoes, diced pumpkin, corn, sliced chilli, thyme and olive oil. Once combined, bake for 15 minutes until golden and blistered.
- Top with orzo, peas, stock, salmon and lemon rind and bake for another 15-20 minutes until orzo has absorbed all liquid and your salmon is cooked through. Make sure to remove salmon skin prior to cooking.
- Once cooked, break your salmon apart using two forks so it’s in small, shredded pieces and fold it through. Serve immediately.