Mango white chocolate lamingtons
A sweet tropical take on our favourite Aussie snack.
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 1 ¼ cup caster sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 300 ml pure cream
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 1 cup mango sliced
- 1 cup milk
- 250 g white chocolate chopped
- 5 cups icing sugar
- 5-6 cups shredded coconut toasted
- Place wire rack on shelf 2 and preheat oven to 180° fancforced.
- Grease and line a 30cm x 20cm lamington pan.
- Combine eggs, sugar and vanilla in a large mixing bowl. Using a balloon whisk, mix together until well combined and mixture is creamy.
- Add the cream and whisk again until thoroughly combined.
- Sift the flour over the mixture and fold gently to form a smooth batter. Fold in the mango. Pour the mixture into prepared pan.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until cake is cooked when tested with a skewer. Allow to cool then cut cake into 24 pieces.
- Make the icing by placing the milk and chocolate in a saucepan over a low heat or induction level 3 and cook stirring occasionally until chocolate has melted. Sift the icing sugar into a large bowl and make a well in the centre. Pour in the chocolate mixture and mix until smooth making sure there are no lumps of icing sugar.
- Coat the cake pieces in the white chocolate icing then toss in toasted coconut.