A treat for the kids’ lunchboxes or indeed for yourself with a cuppa, this week’s recipe comes from Barker’s Of New Zealand.
Sticky oat caramel slice
Caramel lovers, this one is for you!
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 200 g (room temperature) butter
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- Bottle of Barker's Butterscotch Caramel Sauce
- 1/2 cup golden syrup
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 cup rolled oats
- Preheat oven to 175°C fan bake and prepare a slice pan lined with baking paper.
- Beat together brown sugar and 200g butter until creamy. Add egg and mix well.
- Sift in flour and baking powder. Combine well into a sticky dough.
- Press the mixture into a the slice pan (wet fingers will help) and bake for 15 minutes or until golden. Remove from oven.
- While the base cools slightly, in a heat proof bowl, melt the 150g butter and stir in golden syrup until well combined. Add coconut and rolled oats.
- Pour Butterscotch Caramel dessert sauce over the base.
- Sprinkle crumble on top, then bake for 25 minutes until golden.
- Chill slice for a few hours before you cut it into squares.
When it comes out of the oven, don’t panic. The top will appear very soft and liquidy. This will solidify and become a sticky caramel once cooled.
Foodie Friday: Raspberry & vanilla choc bliss balls
Whip up this healthy treat from Flannerys Organic & Wholefood Market for the kids’ lunchboxes or yourself! Flannerys has stores in Lane…