This week’s fish recipe is from celebrity chef and Tassal ambassador, Guy Turland.
- 300 gm Tassel Fresh Tassie Salmon skin on fillet
- Half cup preserved lemon juice from jar
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp fennel seeds
- 300 ml olive oil
- 1 lemon
- 1 tsp peppercorns
- 1 chilli
- 2 garlic cloves pressed
- 1 preserved lemon roughly chopped
- Seeds from one pomegranate
- 1 avocado diced
- juice and rind of one lemon
- Quarter cup parsley roughly chopped
- Quarter cup mint roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 150°C and place salmon portions on a wide shallow plate. Combine preserved lemon juice, sugar and fennel seeds in a separate bowl. Pour mixture over the salmon and rub generously into each fillet.
- Refrigerate the salmon for at least 30 minutes. Remove from the fridge, rinse your salmon with water and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Place your salmon on a clean baking tray or in a large pot. Top salmon with lemon rind, chilli, peppercorn and garlic cloves. Cover with olive oil to completely submerge the salmon.
- Place in oven and lower heat to 90°C. Bake for 10-15 minutes until cooked through or to your liking.
- Meanwhile, prepare your salsa by combining preserved lemon, avocado, pomegranate, mint, parsley, lemon juice and lemon rind in a bowl.
- Gently remove the salmon from the oven, liing each fillet from the tray with a large slotted spatula. Allow excess oil to drip off and place on a serving platter. Scatter salmon with salsa and serve.