Today’s recipe is by Kathryn Bamford from The Wholefoods Refillery. If you’ve met Kat, you’ve probably already heard her bang on about just how yummy this is. It’s also super easy to make so it’s always on weekly rotation at her place. You can 20% off your first order with the code JEN20.
Cashew, coconut & lime curry
- 1 cup The Wholefoods Refillery Cashew Coconut Butter
- 400 ml coconut cream
- 3 tbs The Wholefoods Refillery Organic Chicken Broth
- 2 tbs coconut oil
- 1 lime juiced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 brown onion sliced
- 1 carrot sliced
- ½ cauliflower head
- 1 broccoli florets
- 180 g mushrooms sliced
- 2 cups boiling water
- Bean sprouts to serve
- Coriander to serve
- Lime wedges to serve
- Heat the coconut oil in a large saucepan or wok, add coconut oil and turn to a medium-high heat.
- Add the garlic, onion and sauté for two minutes.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add cashew coconut butter into the pan, stirring and breaking down the nut butter. Add in coconut cream, boiling water, carrot, cauliflower, broccoli and mushrooms. Stir well, cook for 15 or so minutes.
- Once cooked, serve with bean sprouts, coriander and lime wedge.
- If you’re serving this with rice, put a pot on before you start cooking the curry so it’s ready in time.
- Cauliflower rice also makes a great side.
- If you’re adding meat, do this with step one, cook meat until lightly browned/ sealed and then move onto next step.