This week’s sweet treat is made from Barker’s of New Zealand Breakfast Marmalade.
Breakfast marmalade & coconut cake
- 1 1/2 cups Whole wheat flour
- 3 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 cup Shredded coconut
- 1 cup Sugar
- 2 tbsp Barker’s Breakfast Marmalade
- 1 tbsp Lemon zest
- 1 cups Milk
- 125 mg Butter melted
- 2 Egg
- 2 tbsp Icing sugar
- 2 tbsp Lemon juice
- 1/4 cup Water
- Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan forced, 350°F, gas mark 4).
- CAKE MIX: grease a 20cm round cake tin. Mix all ingredients in a bowl until well combined. Pour batter into the tin. Bake for 40 minutes. When cooled, remove the rim and transfer cake to a cooling rack
- SYRUP: combine all ingredients in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil then simmer for about 5 minutes, stirring, until the mixture is reduced and syrupy. Allow to cool to room temperature before serving.
- To serve, drizzle syrup over individual cake slices when serving