Today’s recipe comes from Russell Crossdale, BBQ and outdoor living expert at Appliances Online.
Bacon and blue cheese potato salad
- 1.2 kgs baby red potatoes cut in half
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground pepper
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tsp white sugar
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 120 g crumbled blue cheese
- 6 bacon slices – cooked and crumbled
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Make a foil pouch for the potatoes and drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cover the potatoes with the foil pouch and seal the top by folding foil over to create the pouch.
- Grill the potatoes over a direct heat for 15 minutes on either side with the BBQ lid closed.
- Once grilled, carefully open the packed and let potatoes rest and cool for 5 minutes.
- Whisk together the mayonnaise, parsley, sugar, and mustard in a large bowl.
- Adding the potatoes, tossing gently to coat.
- Stir in the onion, blue cheese, and crumbled bacon pieces.
- Serve as a side dish with your favourite protein.