A COVID-led renovation wave gripped the nation in 2020 (as we all spent more time at home) and this trend was certainly reflected in our most popular posts. From an affordable bench top reno solution to the ideal kitchen dimensions and a post that details just how long it takes to renovate a bathroom, our most popular stories had a strong renovation focus. On a related note, our most popular category for 2020 was the before and after – again, unsurprising given the current climate!
- Australian kitchen dimensions: standard sizes for every last detail: From the ideal bench top height and thickness to the perfect distance between the island bench and kitchen row, this practical post proved super popular with readers this year.
2. The best places to buy Australian bed linen online: A perennial reader favourite, it seems that our appetite for gorgeous Aussie bed linen is insatiable. This post tells you where to find the best on the market.
3. How long does a bathroom reno REALLY take and why?: Another practical reno post, this one gives an honest breakout down of just how long it takes to renovate a bathroom along with all the nitty gritty details.
4. Interiors Addict bathroom reno 2: what I chose and why: Unsurprisingly, many of you were interested to see what Jen did in her own home. From tile selection to the vanity and bath, Jen unpacks the design decisions for her main bathroom in detail in this post.
5. 3 ways to transform your benchtop for a few hundred dollars: With kitchen bench tops a big ticket item, the popularity of this post comes as no surprise. Cherie Barber talks you through how to overhaul a bench top without breaking the bank.
6. Why biophilic design is increasingly important right now: With all that time spent inside (thanks COVID!) the biophilic design trend has never seemed more appropriate. In this post, renovator Ozge Fettahlioglu explains why connecting our homes with nature is more important than ever.
7. Painted brick houses: 3 readers share before & afters: Jen took the plunge and painted her brick home and became obsessed with the the transformative effect it had, for a relatively small spend. In this post, three readers share their fabulous painted brick before and afters.
8. IKEA hacks Australia: DIY built-in HEMNES cabinetry how-to: In this post, renovator extraordinaire Naomi Findlay explains how she used IKEA flat packs to create a custom built-in cabinet in one of her renos. The end result was pretty special and looked far from budget!
9. DIY wainscoting just got really easy!: Wall panelling was always something that had to be left to the professionals but in this popular post we show you how to do it yourself!
10. Charlie Albone and Juliet Love share a first look at their new home: This popular post saw us tour the fresh Sydney home of Aussie landscape designer and TV host Charlie Albone and his interior stylist wife Juliet Love.