This week’s recipe is brought to us by Australian Sweet Potatoes and by dietician Marika Day.
Sweet potato breakfast bowl
- 200 g sweet potato approximately half a medium sweet potato
- 1 tsp salted butter
- 1 egg
- 3 stalks of broccolini
- 2 handfuls baby spinach
- Chilli flakes to serve
- Peel sweet potatoes and dice into large cubes. Bring a saucepan of water to the boil with a pinch of salt.
- Add sweet potato and allow to boil for 10 minutes or until soft and cooked through.
- Meanwhile place broccolini in a microwave safe dish with a dash of water. Cover and microwave on high for 1 minute. Add spinach leaves and return to the microwave to steam for a further 1 minute. Drain and season with salt and pepper.
- Poach, boil or fry your egg in a pan until cooked to liking.
- Drain sweet potato and add butter. Mash until smooth and creamy. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place sweet potato into a bowl and top with greens and egg. Sprinkle with chilli flakes.