Spicy chipotle grilled potato salad
- 600 gm Kipfler potatoes scrubbed, washed and cut into 1-inch rounds
- 1 bottle Barker's of New Zealand Really Useful Chipotle Sauce
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 thick slices fresh pineapple
- 1 corn on the cob husk removed
- Half cup capsicum finely diced
- Half cup red onion finely diced
- 1 medium tomato deseeded and finely diced
- Half small jalapeño deseeded and finely sliced
- 2 cups rocket roughly chopped
- Quarter cup fresh coriander leaves chopped
- 1 small avocado flesh finely diced
- Parmesan cheese and lime wedges to serve
- Add potatoes to a medium bowl. Add half a bottle of the Barker's of New Zealand Really Useful Chipotle Sauce (or other chipotle sauce) to the potatoes and mix well.
- Preheat your barbeque to high heat. Place your Grillman (or other brand) hot plate liner onto your barbeque, and add olive oil. Add the marinated potatoes and grill for 10 minutes, turning occasionally with your Grillman (or other brand) spatula until browned and crispy all over. Reduce heat to medium, cover and continue roasting for another 8-10 minutes until potatoes are tender.
- Remove the potatoes from the heat and add to a large mixing bowl. Place pineapple rounds on the grill or hot plate and roast for 4-6 minutes on each side until caramelised and slightly tender. Remove from heat, and cut off the skin and core. Dice the grilled pineapple flesh and add to the mixing bowl.
- Roast the whole corn on an open flame for a couple of minutes until evenly browned all over. Using a sharp knife, remove the grilled kernels into the mixing bowl.
- Add finely diced capsicum, red onion, tomato, jalapeno and roughly chopped rocket and coriander to the bowl.
- Add the remaining chipotle sauce to the salad and toss gently. Mix well until everything is evenly coated in the sauce.
- Top with diced avocado, fresh coriander and a wedge of lime and grated parmesan cheese.
- Serve immediately.