Today we have another simple, quick, tasty and nutritious recipe thanks to Rosie at The Rosedog Blog.
Rosei says: “Wrapped chicken breast in finely sliced prosciutto, gently roasted on a bed of leeks and thyme, is not only a perfect quick alternative to the Sunday roast, but it is great for any night of the week. This impressive number uses just six ingredients and takes a maximum 35 minutes in the oven. The prosciutto wrapped around the chicken keeps it moist and succulent, whilst its saltiness provides great flavour for the leeks.”
- 1 leek, finely chopped, into 1/2cm slices
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 4-5 Sprigs of fresh thyme
- Fresh ground pepper
- 1 organic chicken breast
- 4 slices of prosciutto
- Pre-heat oven to 190c. In a small roasting tin, add sliced leeks, coconut oil, a good sprinkling of freshly ground pepper and half the leaves from the thyme sprigs.
- Carefully wrap the chicken in the four slices of prosciutto, ensuring that it is all covered. Pop on the bed of leeks. Bunch the leeks up around chicken.
- Place in the oven for 25-to-35 minutes depending on the size of the chicken breast.
- Once cooked, leave to sit for 5 or so minutes. Serve sliced into thick chunks with the rest of the fresh thyme leaves on top.
Food blogger who’d like to share a recipe on our site? Contact us.