Today’s recipe is brought to us by Australian Lamb and MasterChef winner Elena Duggan who created it as a quick week night meal to help us avoid the UberEats trap! “I wanted to create a fast, tasty, healthy dish that anyone can cook in under 30 minutes. I like to think of this recipe as the perfect takeaway swap,” says Elena.
Serves: 2 | Preparation: 5 minutes | Cooking: 15 minutes
- 200g lamb steak, sliced finely
- 1 large pizza base
- 100g pesto
- 150g baby mozzarella/bocconcini
- 150g large heirloom tomatoes (sliced thinly) or cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 1 bunch basil leaves, to serve
1. Preheat fan-forced oven to 180°C.
2. Place base on a pizza stone or tray and spread pesto evenly all over, leaving a 1cm border around the edge.
3. Evenly place tomato slices all over pizza ensuring topping on each slice.
4. Toss lamb slices in salt, pepper and a little oil, then scatter evenly over pizza.
5. Place bocconcini evenly over pizza.
6. Put pizza into the oven and bake for 12-15 minutes, or until crust is browned, cheese has melted, and lamb is just cooked.
7. Scatter fresh basil all over to serve.
- Either lamb leg or lamb loin cuts would also work perfectly for this recipe.
- Get creative with toppings and work with what you’ve got in the fridge or cupboard.
- You can either make your own pizza base on the weekend and freeze or buy a premade one at the supermarket.