Today’s recipe for Margherita Con Ruchetta e Crudo (Margherita with Prosciutto and Wild Rocket) comes from Da Mario Pizza, one of Sydney’s leading pizzerias, offering authentic wood-fired pizza and classic Italian food. It is one of 19 restaurants in Australia, part of Italy’s prestigious ‘Associazione Verace Pizza Napoletana’ which is a globally respected organisation that aims to promote and protect the “True Napoletana Pizza” and ensure it’s is made in accordance with the international regulation registered.
(For 1 pizza, approx 270g dough ball)
- 160g Double 00 flour
- 100ml water
- 5g salt
- 1g or less of fresh yeast
- 80g San Marzano tomatoes
- 80g Fior di latte Mozzarella
- One small handful of wild rocket
- 75g (approx 5 slices) San Daniele Prosciutto
- A drizzle of extra virgin olive oil
- Add the water in a bowl and start to mix it with the yeast. Once it is mixed, add more than half of the flour and work it by hand. Once you work it to a kind of ball, put it on a bench and add the remaining flour. Continue to work it for 10 minutes then add the salt and work it for a further 5 mins.
- Form a ball and keep and allow it to rise in a covered tray at room temperature for at least 4/5 hours.
- Once risen, you can stretch the dough ball into a pizza base and top it with the tomato sauce, mozzarella and olive oil.
- Cook in a wood-fired oven at 450 degrees for approx 45/90 seconds. If cooking with a conventional oven, cook the dough and the tomato sauce for about 15 minutes at maximum temperature then add the mozzarella and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Plate the pizza and immediately top with fresh rocket and Prosciutto.