This easy cake can be made the day before and is the perfect weekend brunch, especially if you’re enjoying finally (safely) having visitors to your home again! Thanks to Mastercraft for this week’s recipe.
- 1 orange
- 1/2 (125ml) cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp orange juice
- 1/2 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 1/4 cup (35g) pistachios, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup (140g) Greek yoghurt
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup (110g) caster sugar
- 1 cup (150g) self- raising flour
- 1 tbsp icing sugar
- Chopped pistachios, to garnish
- Dried orange slices, to garnish
- Pre-heat oven to 160°C, 140°C fan-forced.
- Line a 15x9cm loaf pan with baking paper and set aside.
- Grate orange zest into a large bowl. Add olive oil, orange juice, vanilla bean paste, pistachios, Greek yogurt, honey, egg and caster sugar. Whisk to combine. Sift self-raising flour over the mixture and stir to combine.
- Transfer into baking tin and cook for 30-35 minutes. Allow to sit in tin for 10 minutes before turning out onto a cooling tray.
- In the meantime, combine icing sugar and 1 tablespoon boiling water in a small bowl and mix to combine thoroughly, free of lumps. Pour over cake and top with chopped pistachios and dried orange slices.