This week’s recipe comes from Tropic Co and is an easy and healthy way to enjoy the popular Thai dish.
Healthy tiger prawn pad Thai
- 20 extra large whole cooked tiger prawns head and shell removed and deveined, tail on
- 300 g rice noodles cooked as per packet instructions
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Quarter cup pad thai paste
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1 egg lightly whisked
- 1 bunch broccolini ends trimmed and cut into 3cm lengths
- Half cup beansprouts
- 4 spring onions finely sliced
- 2 tbsp crushed peanuts toasted
- Additional beansprouts lime wedges and chilli for serving
- Heat oil in a large frying pan or wok over medium-high heat.
- Add paste and soy sauce, cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in broccolini, cook whilst tossing for a further 3 minutes.
- Push broccolini to the side of the wok and pour in the egg, chopping it up as it is cooking.
- Add prawns, cooked noodles, beansprouts and spring opinions to the wok, toss for 1 to 2 minutes
- Serve with chopped peanuts, additional beansprouts, lime wedges and chilli.
It is easy to get involved in National Prawn Day on 18 March 2023. Simply head to a participating venue, get your mates over and host a Tiger Prawn Feast, or simply pick up some Aussie tiger prawns from your local fishmonger or supermarket to enjoy at home. National Prawn Day was initiated by Tropic Co to celebrate all the delicious reasons to enjoy Australian prawns, special occasion or not.