A few weeks into term and parents’ lunchbox enthusiasm may be waning! Give these delicious and nutritious donuts a try, and your kids will beg for more! This week’s recipe comes from Mavella Superfoods.
Healthy banana & quinoa baked doughnuts
Treat your kids with this fun and wholesome doughnut recipe!
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup dry quinoa
- 1 cup of whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup organic or brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp Mavella Superfoods Brain Boost
- 1/2 cup walnuts, raisins, chocolate chips mix
- Rinse the quinoa in water thoroughly. In a pan, or rice cooker, add the quinoa and 1 cup water. Bring to a boil, then cover with a lid and cook until the water is completely absorbed.
- Preheat the oven to 180c and grease the doughnut mould.
- In a food processor, blend the oats until powdered.
- Mash the bananas with a fork until smooth. Add the eggs, coconut oil and sugar. Mix well.
- Add the flour, baking powder and Mavella Superfoods Brain Boost to the mixture.
- Fold in the cooked quinoa, chopped nuts, raisins and chocolate chips.
- Fill the doughnut mould and bake for 20 – 25 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes before taking them out to a wire rack, then cool completely before serving.
Foodie Friday: Buttermilk doughnuts
Perfect for a weekend treat, these old-fashioned cake doughnuts and doughnut holes from Williams-Sonoma are beautifully aromatic with cinnamon and…