To celebrate the launch of Jasmine and Melissa Hemsley’s second cookbook, Good + Simple, Williams-Sonoma are exclusively sharing the Hemsley recipe for a Green Goddess Noodle Salad with Interiors Addict!
The Hemsley sisters are home cooks and food lovers with a passion for wellness and delicious, nutrient-dense food. Their recipes are full of flavour and goodness, free from gluten, grains and refined sugar to help you feel vibrant, strong and healthy! This recipe calls for an abundance of green vegetables, but it’s up to you on what you’d like to include – making tonight’s dinner a cinch!
- 300g buckwheat (soba) noodles
- 1tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 300g broccoli florets or purple-sprouting broccoli, asparagus or green beans
- 1 medium green cabbage or pak choi, leaves finely shredded
- 1 medium fennel bulb, finely sliced
- 1 cucumber, halved lengthways, with seeds scooped out and flesh chopped
- 4 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 large ripe avocado, sliced
- 2 handfuls of fresh greens (such as watercress, baby spinach, sliced lettuce or leftover cooked kale)
- 2 small handful of nuts (such as cashew nuts, peanuts or almonds) or seeds (such as sesame, sunflower or poppy seeds)
- 4 large handfuls of fresh herbs (such as coriander, mint or basil, or a mixture), roughly chopped
Cook the buckwheat noodles in a large pan of boiling water according to the packet instructions (about 7 minutes). Use two forks to tease the noodles apart during the first minute of cooking.
When they are tender, drain and rinse under cold water for 15 seconds. Drain again and then toss in the extra-virgin olive oil in a large serving bowl to stop the noodles sticking together. Set aside.
Using the same pan, after a quick rinse, steam the broccoli (or other vegetable), covered with a lid, with 4 tablespoons of boiling water for 4 minutes until tender.
Whisk all the dressing ingredients together in a bowl or shake in a jam jar with the lid on. Season to taste with salt and pepper, then drain.
Add the raw vegetables, spring onions and avocado to the noodles with the greens and steamed broccoli. Pour over the dressing and mix everything together. Top with the nuts or seeds, toasted in a dry pan for a minute if you like, and the fresh herbs.
–For more recipes from Good + Simple, there are a limited number of signed copies available exclusively at Williams-Sonoma Bondi Junction.