This recipe from Maxwell & Williams is an easy one to make. With a range of fresh ingredients, it’s cooked and served in their 2.5L Vitromax dish, but any casserole would do.
Serves: 4 | Prep: 10mins | Cook: 10mins
- 3 tablespoons butter
- ¼ cup garlic cloves, crushed
- ¼ cup spring onion, finely sliced
- ½ onion diced
- 1 ½ cups white wine
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1kg clams or cockles, small
- ½ cup cream
- 2 tablespoons parsley, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons dill, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons chilli, roughly chopped
Place your casserole over a medium heat and add butter, garlic, cloves and onion.
Sauté for 4 minutes or until soft.
Increase heat to high and pour in white wine, cook for 1 minute.
Reduce heat to medium and add chicken stock and cream, stirring to combine.
Immediately add clams, cover and allow simmering for 2-3 minutes or until clams have opened.
Remove from heat and top with parsley, dill and chilli.