This week’s tasty recipe is brought to you by AEG, and it was created by the brand’s three-hatted chef ambassador Mark Best. Orecchiette means ‘little ears’ in Italian, which alludes to the pasta’s unique shape.
- 2 heads of broccoli
- 400g durum wheat orecchiette
- 100g salted butter
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- freshly ground black pepper
- 4 oregano sprigs, leaves picked
- 100g aged pecorino, finely grated
- Peel the stems of the broccoli and remove the dried end.
- Thinly slice the broccoli.
- Bring three litres of water to the boil in a large saucepan and add a handful of salt.
- Add the orecchiette and simmer until al dente (follow the packet instructions).
- Heat the butter in a large frying pan over medium heat, until foaming.
- Add the garlic and broccoli and season well with pepper. Toss over high heat until the broccoli starts to colour.
- Drain the pasta and add it to the pan with the oregano.
- Toss well and serve sprinkled with the pecorino.