We love a fancy toast option around here (eggs can get rather dull!) and today’s recipe is brought to us by Villeroy & Boch, styled on their gorgeous new botanical tableware range ‘It’s my match.’ A bold bright beetroot hummus contrasts beautifully with avocado, fresh tomato and pistachios for a tricked up brunch that tastes as good as it looks.
- Beetroot dip (beetroot, chickpeas, garlic cloves, tahini and olive oil)
- Cherry tomatoes
- Pistachios – roughly chopped (optional)
- Lime wedges and sea salt to serve
- Blend ingredients for the beetroot dip until preferred texture.
- Spread evenly on a thick slice of sourdough toast.
- Slice half an avocado lengthways and add to the toast.
- Slice cherry tomatoes in half and place on top of the avocado.
- Roughly chop the pistachios and sprinkle on top.
- Serve with lime wedges and sea salt for taste.