The Stylist’s Guide to Homewares Shopping in Sydney and Melbourne
Following on from yesterday’s interview with Mr Jason Grant, interior stylist extroadinaire, he’s put together an exclusive list of his top shops, websites and design blogs for Interiors Addict. Hold onto your credit cards!
Bricks and mortar stores (in Melbourne and Sydney)
- Pure and General, Potts Point, NSW
- Seasonal Concepts, Redfern, NSW
- Scarlet Jones, Auburn, VIC
- Scout House, St Kilda, VIC
- Montreux/Trove Trading, Prahran, VIC
- Mark Tuckey Home, Avalon, NSW
- Spence & Lyda, Surry Hills, NSW
- Ariel Books, Paddington, NSW
- Oscar and Friends book store, Surry Hills, NSW
- Chapel Street Bazaar, Prahran, VIC
- Tarlo and Graham, Windsor, VIC
Design blogs and online homewares
“I’m also a huge secondhand and vintage lover,” says Jason. “So most weekends you’ll find me in some out of the way vintage store or trawling through some markets.
“I prefer small independent businesses who put their heart and soul into what they do.”
And here are a few of the small but cool…
- Northern Light (quality Australian beeswax candles
- Est Australia (all natural body products with great packaging)
- Mud Australia (beautiful porcelain)
- Beclau Homewares (gee thanks Jason, now I need a mismatching collection of colourful dinnerware)
- Blacklist Studio (oh dear, more typographic prints for me to add to my ever growing collection).
Mr Grant, I hold you fully responsible for next month’s credit card bill!
- Photography by Murray Harris, Jason Busch and Nathan Hendry