Today’s recipe is from Charlie’s Fine Food Co. who have gone green with their first ever vegan Plant-Powered Cookie Dough. Available in two indulgent flavours, Choc Chip with Murray River Salt and Peanut Butter with Choc Chip. You can substitute any other cookie dough, ice cream and chocolate in this recipe for a non-vegan version.
Vegan-friendly cookie ice cream sandwiches
- 460 g Charlie’s Choc Chip Plant-Powered Cookie Dough
- 460 g Charlie’s Peanut Butter Plant-Powered Cookie Dough
- 5 scoops of a plant-based ice cream of your choice
- 1 cup vegan dark chocolate broken into pieces
METHOD for cookies
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (fan forced).
- Remove cookie dough from the refrigerator whilst oven is heating.
- Line an oven safe baking tray with baking paper.
- Roll two heaped tablespoons of cookie dough in your hands (approx 25 grams) into a ball and place on a lined baking tray.
- Using your hands, flatten the cookies slightly (the more you flatten the dough the crispier the cookie).
- Place cookies in oven and bake for 10 minutes for chewy centre or up to 13 minutes for a crunchier cookie.
METHOD for sandwiches
- Place dark vegan chocolate into a microwave safe bowl and melt in 30 second increments, stirring in between.
- Line a baking tray with non-stick paper.
- Place cookies bottom side up on tray.
- Place ice cream scoop in the centre of the cookie and drizzle with melting chocolate.
- Lid the sandwich with the second cookie.
- Place in the freezer for 1 hour to firm up before serving.