This mouthwatering dessert recipe was provided by persimmon grower Kate Guthrey and Persimmons Australia. They’re in season now and packed with vitamin A and C, perfect for warding off colds during these cooler months.
Vegan Persimmon Cheesecake
While some may be disappointed to see temperatures dip, the bright side is that it's officially Australian persimmon season! With its vibrant orange colour and honey-like taste, this deliciously sweet fruit will bring a little brightness to the table this autumn.
- 450 grams raw cashews
- ½ cup water
- 1 cup very ripe persimmon flesh Original or Sweet
- ⅓ cup fresh lemon juice
- ⅔ cup coconut oil
- 310 grams gluten free gingernut biscuits
- 4 tbsp vegan butter melted
- 2 tbsp 30g coconut oil melted
- 1 very ripe and soft Original persimmon pureed
- 1-2 firm and crunchy Sweet persimmons sliced
- Add cashews to a medium bowl and cover with water by a few centimetres. Cover and allow to soak in the refrigerator overnight. Once soaked, remove cashews from the fridge then rinse and drain.
- Make the base.Grease and line the base and sides of a 23cm springform pan. Place the gingernut biscuits in the bowl of a food processor and process until finely crushed. Add the butter and coconut oil and process until well combined. Transfer mixture to the prepared pan and use a spoon to press the mixture firmly over the base. Place in the fridge to chill while you prepare the filling.
- Make the filling.Add all filling ingredients to a food processor or large blender. Blitz for 2-3 minutes or until smooth and creamy. Pour over the prepared gingernut base and smooth the top with a spatula. Cover and freeze for at least 4 hours to set.
- When you're ready to eat the cheesecake, take it out of the freezer and remove from the springform tin. Allow the cheesecake to thaw for 45 minutes to 1 hour before serving. Pour over the persimmon puree and garnish with slices of firm Sweet persimmon.
Once thawed, the cheesecake should be stored in the refrigerator until serving.
Foodie Friday: Kanzi Apple Pie Cinnamon Scrolls with Vegan Cream Cheese Frosting
This wonderful recipe was created by Panaceas Pantry for Kanzi Apples.