This one’s for my UK readers: the country’s leading contemporary home show, Grand Designs Live, returns to the London Excel by popular demand for the 10th year running from 3 – 11 May 2014. I’m super excited about the show and the chance to interview Kevin McCloud, one of my all-time favourite TV personalities!
As the ultimate destination for home owners and self-builders, exhibitors will showcase a range of innovative and inspirational ideas across the nine day show. The following show sections have been confirmed for Grand Designs Live London 2014: Grand Build, Grand Interiors, Grand Kitchens & Bathrooms sponsored by Miele, Grand Village, Grand Technology, Grand Gardens and Grand Food & Housewares.
In addition Grand Designs Live London can reveal the following show highlights:
- Ask An Expert, will be located in the heart of Grand Build and promises to offer aspiring developers and those undertaking a home project, specialist advice to assist with getting their own Grand Designs project underway.
- Market Lane – Grand Food & Housewares, new for 2014, Market Lane is an interactive feature within the Grand Food & Housewares section. With six demonstrations daily along with tasting and cookery schools from a variety of experts based in London and the South-East.
- ‘The Tech Box’ – Grand Technology, new for 2014, the Tech Box is an interactive walk through experience showing the latest innovative gadgets and technology as well as lighting designs and systems for the home.
- The Live Kitchen Experience, sponsored by Miele, will boast two unique and interactive stages, the first will showcase top chefs, restaurateurs and sommeliers demonstrating on the Live Kitchen and the second will allow show guests to interact and experience Miele products and appliances in action. Plus, don’t miss the celebrity ‘cook along’ featuring show ambassadors Kevin McCloud, George Clarke, James Alexander-Sinclair and Jo Hamilton.
- The Grand Village promises to showcase best-in-class innovation as seen on Channel 4: ‘Grand Designs’ with a range of eco homes and green living solutions for visitors to explore. Plus it will also demonstrate a variety of sustainable building techniques with hands on activities and live builds taking place throughout the nine-day show.
- The Grand Theatre will host a ‘meet the grand designer’ seminar each morning along with hot debates and talks with a range of experts and guest speakers – from self-builders to interior designers as well as addressing local planning and building issues.
- For the eco-conscious visitor, Kevin McCloud’s Green Heroes will showcase show ambassador Kevin McCloud’s hand-picked selection of the most impressive eco-innovations and technologies; some of which are being exclusively launched at the show.
- This year Grand Interiors will feature room sets to inspire generations; working with top home interiors stylists who will design room settings aimed at everyone from first time buyers, young families, empty nesters to those looking for a revamp. This is a must see for home colour, materials and pattern inspiration. Not forgetting the Grand Interiors Theatre, the hub of the interiors hall, it’s a place to gain inspiration, ideas and advice from industry interiors professionals ranging from DIY specialists, interior designers, celebrity speakers and much more!
- The Garden Design Competition is set to run at the London show for the second time. The competition will see entrants submit a garden design based on ‘Introducing Colour to your Garden’. Final judging will take place live at the show by a panel including Kevin McCloud who will be joined by the Grand Designs Live Garden Expert, James Alexander-Sinclair.
Kevin McCloud will be at the London show meeting fans, chairing debates in the Grand Theatre and sharing his Grand Design experiences with visitors. With over 100,000 consumers expected to visit the event over nine days, Grand Designs Live London will offer visitors a great day out.
Grand Designs Live London takes place from 3–11 May 2014 at London Excel. Save pounds when you book in advance. Order your tickets online or call the booking hotline on 0844 854 1348.