Gone are the days when washing and caring for your wool garments was a challenging and time-consuming process. AEG can help you avoid wool care disasters with some expert advice and a few simple instructions. You’ll never have to spend days hand washing your woollies again!
- Look out for the Woolmark Apparel Care logo on washing machines and tumble dryers to know your wool will be properly cared for.
- Remove lipstick, make-up or shoe polish by gently rubbing with a lint-free cloth soaked in turpentine, spot cleaning spray or fluid, and rinse with mild soapy water.
- Always turn your garments inside out for laundering to prolong the ‘as new’ surface appearance of the garment.
- Use your washing machine on the wool setting if it has one, to help reduce shrinkage by gradually reducing the temperature before the rinse phase.
- Use a special programme, such as the AEG steam programme, to refresh your clothes, including those labelled dry clean only to remove odours and reduce creasing.
- Rest wool garments for 24 hours before wearing again. This gives the natural resilience and spring in the wool fibre time to recover and return to its original shape.
- Wool garments can be refreshed after unpacking or wearing by hanging them in a steamy bathroom. Moisture from the steam will remove wrinkles.
- To remove cigarette or food odours, lay wool garments flat on a bed or towel for an hour. Woven garments may be hung in fresh air or on a suitable hanger.
From wear to care and fleece to fashion, AEG, The Woolmark Company and Camilla and Marc have partnered to create a Wool Wear and Care Guide to share their insider tips and tricks of the trade. You can download it here.