With the doom and gloom of winter finally drawing to a close, it’s time to spring back in to action in both your mind and home. During the colder months we have a tendency to turn a blind eye to the accumulating dust and rug up with a good book rather than a vacuum cleaner.
Jordana Thirlwall, co-founder of Supercheap Storage, has come up with some handy tips on bringing order back to your house and mind this spring.
1. De-clutter and store Miscellaneous items here, there and everywhere? Take some time to de-clutter the house and dispose of those winter knick-knacks. But, as the saying goes, one person’s trash is another person’s treasure, so if you don’t need it, donate or recycle. It’s good for the soul.
2. What’s in the wardrobe? Keeping warm often leads to multiplying your wardrobe and, come spring, it can appear rather overwhelming. So, why not sort your clothes by the seasons and store away those woolly pieces. Some say it’s a form of therapy.
3. Pick up a paintbrush A fresh coat of paint can not only help clear your mind, leaving you feeling rejuvenated, but also freshen up the darkest of rooms with the simple stroke of a brush.
4. Clean out the pantry In the colder months we tend to eat more “comfort” foods: chips over fish, pasta over salad, ice cream over fruit. Going on a spring detox and flushing out those winter toxins hidden in the kitchen can leave both your body and mind feeling rejuvenated, as well as your pantry.
5. Detox the mind, body and mould Too many nights curled up with a bottle of wine in the winter months? Time to give the body a break and use that leftover liquor for cleaning purposes. The toxins in vodka will eliminate mould and have your bathroom looking brand new again.
6. Call in reinforcements There are many companies who will store belongings for as little or as long as need be. Do some research and shop around for the best quote. It is important to go with companies who focus on security and reliability so belongings are looked after and are easily accessible.