Is it really that time again?! I ran the City 2 Surf in Sydney this morning (anyone else?) and this comes to you from the couch where my legs and I are currently in a world of pain! Anyway, back to this week’s best bits…
- Jaclyn Carlson from Life InStyle gave us a roundup of last weekend’s Melbourne trade fair where neon was all the rage. See the pix here.
- At a time where everyone’s saying print is dead (trust me, as a journalist for the day job, I hear this all the time) it was great to see magazines like Belle and Luxury Home Design show huge circulation increases in the latest readership figures.
- Speaking of magazines, Inside Out founding editor Karen McCartney has joined the team at online homewares store Temple & Webster as editorial consultant. Not to mention the first issue of Inside Out came out since Claire Bradley replaced Richard Waller as editor, and it was a cracker in my opinion.
- I shared the top three bathroom trend predictions.
- I started a new regular feature called Folded Corners and kicked off with telling you what I’m coveting from the latest issue of Real Living magazine.
- Homewares store Whiteport published an interview with me on their blog where I talked about how I juggle blogging with my job as editor of a business magazine. You can read it here.
- These sustainable and very beautiful lamps were popular with readers.
- I had a good whinge about my spare room and how spare rooms in general are so often awkward and under-utilised spaces. You’ll be pleased to hear I made a start on transforming mine this weekend with a lick of fresh white paint. How’s your spare room looking?!
- On Etsy Tuesday I shared some cute nursery artwork inspired by Mid Century furniture.