With the Easter long weekend fast approaching (hip, hip, hooray) there’s no better time to schedule in some quality home reno time. We’re sure you’re not short on ideas for the ‘to-do’ list but just in case you’re on the hunt for inspiration, check out these 6 quick and easy home updates we’ve compiled, thanks to Caroma, which you can tackle in the four days you’ll have away from the office.
6 quick and easy home updates for the long weekend
1. Change the vanity or basin – This is one of the easiest ways to give your bathroom an upgrade and it can be done in one weekend. It’s true; you can never have enough storage – especially in a bathroom – so think about ways to increase it with a new bathroom vanity or basin. If you’re going for a larger unit, measure your entire space to ensure you have enough room for the vanity itself and its installation. Keeping your vanity in its existing position means you shouldn’t have to spend money on having your plumbing repositioned.
Image source: Caroma
2. Get painting – For a low-cost, high-impact update, grab a pot of paint in a striking colour and turn a plain wall into a show-stopping, statement wall that will never be overlooked again. Tip: use painter’s tape to keep your ceilings and doors smudge free.
3. Change fittings – An easy way to get that modern look around the home is to make small changes with styles that are on trend at the moment. Introduce warming tones, crisp lines and statement features, by changing the tapware or showerhead to create an elegant and contemporary finish. Consider a bold statement with a matte black tap or bronze shower head with a contrasting background.
Image source: House Of Home
4. Restore grout – A top-to-bottom clean and declutter is one of the most powerful ways to refresh a bathroom. However, no amount of cleaning will fix stained, discoloured grout. Fortunately, grout pens exist and you can choose white for a just-like-new look or totally change the look of your white tiled walls by using a black grout pen.
5. Add new lighting – New light fixtures are an easy way to change the way the rooms in your home look, without all the hassle of completely redecorating. While you’re replacing the existing fixture, update the bulbs you’re using as well. Energy saving lamps can help the rooms look brighter and help you save money. Sounds like a good trade-off for a weekend’s worth of work, doesn’t it?
Image source: Home Designing
6. Introduce some stand out accessories – Be bold and bring some unexpected home accessories into your bathroom. A woven rug, a healthy plant or even multiple mirrors. Or why not go all out and add some artwork?
To find out more about the Caroma range, please visit www.caroma.com.au or call 13 14 16.