Your front door: it’s the entry to your home and makes a bigger first impression than you think! So with that thought, I have compiled a list of my favourite entrance doors right now (in no particular order), that are both affordable and appealing to the eye!
- The DR213 Solid Pacific Oak Timber Door from Corinthian. The vertical routes in this door make it look super tall and I love the simplicity of this design. A traditional design made contemporary.
- The Hume XGE8 Solid Western Red Cedar Timber Door. The horizontal cutouts feature glass of many patterns and finishes, but translucent glass is one of my favourites. It lets the light in but keeps your privacy.
- The Crown Regal 3P solid Maple Door is once again twisting a traditional design into a modern one. I love the gorgeous maple colouring and once again, the simplicity of the three panels featured in this door.
- The Corinthian Urban Primed Entrance Door. My absolute favourite part of this door is the fact that you can paint it in your favourite desired colour at the time, then if you decide to change the colour, you don’t have to replace the whole door! Just sand it back and repaint!
- The Savoy Entrance Door from Hume is featured in veneer laminated timber and clear glass and is the perfect statement of contemporary style!
- The Illusion Entrance door, also from Hume is featured in veneer laminated timber and clear glass. This door is very modern with its large timber panel in the centre of the glass, being the main feature. It’s a very good kind of different!
- The Shiplap SEA from Corinthian makes a statement with its vertical planks of solid Western Red Cedar. I love the variation of wood grain in this door!
- The Hume JSTI Solid Tassie Oak Timber Door is simple and modern. I love love love Tassie Oak and it looks amazing framing the glass! I would recommend translucent glass for this door, as the larger part of the door is glass – for privacy reasons!
- The Oxford 3G Solid Timber Door finished in Maple and translucent glass is another door with vertical glass inserts. Once again a great light source – very contemporary and the vertical inserts are a huge trend right now!
- But if you want to step outside and do something that is super contemporary and is a huge design trend right now, you could try the Polar Black Aluminium Double Glazed entry door! Its super modern and very stylish!
Visit your local hardware store or door supplier for more information or to purchase your dream entry door!
Read all Naomi’s posts | Send in a question for Naomi!
–Naomi Findlay is one of our Resident Experts, principal of Silk Home and the International Institute of Home Staging and a serial renovator.
We are looking to install a front entrance door before christmas and love the doors in your post. I was wondering how these would work with a screen door as we were looking to put a screen in for airflow. Would it distract to the appeal of these doors as you probably wouldnt see them behind the screen??
Naomi Findlay says
Thanks for the note Brooke. Yes screen doors are often a necessary evil in Australia to help with airflow and insects, they can be very ugly. The best option is for one of the “clearview” stainless steel security screens, some people call them the “crim safe” version. This is the best option to allow the lovely door to still be seen and enable security and ventilation.