Anyone in the homewares and interiors industry knows that Instagram is a great place to showcase and grow your brand. We asked blogger Christina Butcher to share her top tips for getting the basics right.
Instagram is the fastest growing social media platform and can be a launch pad for your brand or business. I love sharing photos and I’m not alone in Australia. 60% of users are women and 70% are active on Instagram every day.
I grew my Instagram, @mrandmrsromance, from 3000 to 10,000 in just over three months and have over 50,000 followers on my other account, @hairromance.
Instagram offers huge reach for your brand and there are so many insta-success stories. If you want to capitalise on the power of Instagram, here are nine simple tips to maximise your Instagram profile:
- Instagram in real life. Look for insta-meets and photo walks in your area to connect with the Instagram community in real life.
- Join up with instagram challenges. #7vignettes is the perfect community for interiors. The entries are amazing but don’t be put off, it’s a warm and friendly community and a great place to build connections.
- Be aspirational. Instagram is mainly a platform for pretty pictures. You can keep it real but plain photos are better shared on Facebook or Snapchat.
- Use your one clickable link with intention. Instagram only allows you one clickable link in your bio. Use it wisely. Create a specific page or offer to direct your followers to on your website. Make sure your website is mobile friendly.
- Have fun with your bio! You have 150 characters but can space it out and use emoticons too. To get the right spacing, type up your bio in notes and then paste it into your Instagram profile.
- Use Instagram as an amplification of your brand. Share images of your work or products, things that inspire you and show behind the scenes too.
- Watch the grid. When someone comes to your profile they make a split second decision on whether to hit follow and that’s based on your photo grid. Keep an eye on the last none-to-15 images and make sure all your photos look good together.
- Be generous. Make time to check in regularly to comment and like other Instagrammers.
- Focus. You need to make instagram a priority if you want to grow your reach there. Set a goal and you’ll see your following grow.
–Want to learn more about managing your social media, creating content strategies and building your brand online? Little Blog Big are holding small group workshops that are perfect for small business owners, bloggers and solo-creatives. The next workshops are in Canberra and Sydney and head to Little Blog Big for more the next event dates.
Rezal Admin says
Your photos are very beautiful, no wonder you have grown such a following. What kind of camera do you use?
Thanks for the tips – can you suggest how Insta may work for a golf club?