With industrial lighting predicted to remain big this year, trend forecaster and interior designer for Brilliant Lighting, Bree Leech, gives us her top tips on how to create the industrial look at home.
- Create warmth in an industrial-inspired home by knowing the right lighting to choose. Pendant lights that feature glass or metal and shades in simple vintage shapes such as domes or cages are ideal. Alternatively, hang exposed bulbs on simple fabric cords with brass fittings.
- Combine the old with the new by selecting industrial-inspired pendants with cutting edge globe technology. Hang mismatched pendants in a cluster.
- Use warmer metals for a wholesome feel and add greenery to freshen and balance the industrial edge.
- To achieve an industrial look, the complementing decor should feature vintage and rustic finishes, such as exposed or painted brick, polished concrete and recycled timber.
- Keep colour schemes soft and neutral using white and green, or go for something dramatic and moody by using darker blues and greys. For a more modern vibe, add elements such as simple contemporary furniture pieces.