Since we’ve been confined to the four walls we call home, the smallest throw blanket update could feel like a holiday. Pinterest is seeing users in Australia search for inspiration for decorating a home they love with a new gusto. They’re staying cosy indoors and searching for laundry room inspiration and styling tips for tables, shelves and walls.
Here’s what searches have been trending on Pinterest:
Comfort is key
While we’ve been spending time at home, anything that requires effort is out! Pinterest has seen an increase in searches for comfort related ideas.
- 35% increase in ‘Hygge Home’
- 50% increase in ‘Cosy Room’
- 55% increase in ‘Baggy Outfits’
- 45% increase in ‘Comfy Outfits’
Laundry room goals
Move over kitchens, the laundry has become the main home attraction. Whether you have a sprawling farm that requires a spacious mudroom, or are limited in space, Pinterest has you covered.
- 190% increase in ‘laundry room makeover’
- 45% increase in ‘tiny laundry room ideas’
- 40% increase in ‘laundry mud room’
- 60% increase in ‘laundry hanging rail’
Styling every inch
You can never have too many books, pillows or trinkets, Pinterest has seen an upwards of 35% increase in searches for home styling.
- 135% increase in ‘bookshelf decor’
- 65% increase in ‘bedside table styling’
- 50% increase in ‘buffet styling decor’
- 35% increase in ‘kitchen bench styling countertops’
Whether it’s a full reno or a DIY job, we’re all inspired to jazz up the walls around us.
- 55% increase in ‘tv wall ideas modern’
- 40% increase in ‘vj panelling feature wall’
- 45% increase in ‘wall unit’
- 35% increase in ‘wall collage design’
–More than 450 million people use Pinterest around the world each month to find tomorrow’s ideas.